Monday, February 27, 2012

Alajuelatia

Laurie and I had to speak in Sacrament meeting in the Alajuelita Ward on Sunday. I posted once about a town called Alajuela and you would think this was a little suburb close by, but it is a completely different place and in the other direction. It was a nice chapel and the people were really great.

We entered the chapel grounds through a back gate to a parking lot. But this is the front gate from the inside, heavy wrought iron with coiled razor wire all along the top of the fence. The Sunday School class we attended, taught by the bishop, was specifically a temple prep class for several people who are preparing to go to the temple for the first time.

More razor wire and wrought iron fence but a beautiful mountain view in the distance. I have one talk about temples and that is the talk I have used a couple of times now. I am keeping track of which wards I give it in so I won't repeat it. If we ever have to talk in the same place, I'll have to come up with a new talk in Spanish! Laurie used his same talk too, but it is a really good one.

More razor wire and wrought iron fence. They had a really nice Yamaha piano in the chapel and nobody to play it so were going to use recorded music. Laurie wanted to offer me to play and I said "no". But one of the counsellors asked him if he played the piano and he said I did so I ended up playing the piano. I was happy to do it, I just didn't want to be pushy about it so waited to be asked.
More distant mountain view over the razor wire and fence. I enjoyed the Relief Society class. The lady who gave the lesson was quite easy to understand. They did their opening exercises with the Young Women and they sang a song I wasn't familiar with, no accompaniment, but the girls did a good job.

More mountain views from the chapel. We have to go to a District Conference next weekend in a couple of the little towns north of here. This time I am supposed to give 2 different 5 minute talks. I think I will just cut my existing talk in half and make it into 2 talks!

Posted by PicasaThis was the neighboring cathedral down the street from the LDS chapel.

No comments: