Thursday, May 3, 2012

More of the Story

Posted by PicasaI think the baby bird tried to fly and fell out of the nest, slid down the car windshield, and on down the front of the car onto the floor. When it tries to hop around it acts like it's foot or leg is injured. The mother hangs around like she is trying to protect it and encourage it to fly, but it has been several days now and I am afraid the baby bird will die. I found one worm and brought it out there but the mother ate it herself and I don't know if she shared it. Laurie put out some bread crumbs and a lid full of water but who know if the baby knows how to eat it. When Laurie comes home from the temple he says he will look up on the internet and see if it has any suggestions. He wondered if we should put it back in the nest to give it some height to try to fly from. Anyways, I guess this is an example of survival of the fittest. Laurie is at the temple today because there are a couple of people from the temple committee who are inspecting the temple. Seems like there is always somebody from SLC or Guatemala coming to inspect the temple and tell them different things they should do in looking after the building. As for me and blogging, one of the senior men who blogs came to see if he could help me but he didn't do things like I had figured out and said one of the other senior missionaries would know what memcache error meant. He found that lots of people are complaining to blogger and picasa about this problem. So at least it isn't just me! One person said it was intermittent and unpredictable. That sure is my experience. So you may get more blogs from me and you may not. But for me this is a good way to keep in touch, rather than emails and letters, etc. But if I can't make it work in the future, please know I am still thinking about you all and love you and especially those of you who have birthdays coming up, Happy Birthday now in case I cant't make the blog work!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Well, sad about the baby bird, but that's nice of you and Dad to try and help. Hope you can get blogger and picasa figured out, b/c I love reading your blogs. :)

pam said...

The one bird that stayed in the nest died. The one that either fluttered or fell out stayed in the garage for about a week and then fluttered to freedom one day when Laurie left the door opened for that very reason. He had an injured leg but learned to fly.