Monday, May 14, 2012

I Am on a Roll Here, Blogger is Cooperating!

Lots of trees sporting yellow blossoms
Many large areas high up in the mountains with the yellow blossomed trees.
More yellow blossomed trees
We saw quite a few of these purple blossomed trees this last weekend too.
These particular ones were along the banks of the crocodile river. We stopped there on the way home again. I think this is Laurie's favorite wildlife spot. Since it has started raining more, there is much more water in the river, so the crocodiles in the water were less visible. But with the binoculars we could see a lot of them further out on the sand banks, so there were still lots of them there. I didn't take pictures of them as I have posted them before, and they are not my favorite creatures.
We came along here at the time the book says the Scarlet Macaws would be returning to their nesting areas, dusk. We did see 4 of them flying together across the river as we stood there on the bridge. But of course they went by too fast for me to get a picture. I have posted pictures of them before when we have been close up to them at Zooave.
It is interesting how different trees blossom in different colors during different seasons of the year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: