Thursday, May 3, 2012

Our Rio Balsa River Trip

Posted by PicasaAustin will be happy to know that we got the right CD with the pictures on it. I had been after Laurie to load them onto our computer because I didn't know how, and had asked him several times if he had done it. He hadn't. But the disc must have been in the computer because once when I clicked on upload, they all uploaded so I have them on Picasa now. Here are a few of them. You can probably recognize everyone. We were on two different boats, most of the Bagleys were on the other boat and there were a couple of strangers on our boat. If you have a hard time believing I really went on this white water trip, they told me it would be basically just a float down the river! I was hoping they would just let me sit in the middle and hang on, but they made me paddle just like everybody else. The tour guy had on a shirt that said "paddle or die" so I had to cooperate. It turned out to be fun but I was nervous and liked best the serene part where there were no rapids. Everybody else probably liked the rapids best. The fruit was a treat in the middle when we stopped and got out of the boat. We were told not to bring our cameras so they took the pictures for us. I would have liked pictures of the wildlife we saw along the banks but they didn't take any of those. We saw sloths, huge iguanas and some other things.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Well, Mom, I'm proud of you for trying something a little out of your comfort zone. And everything turned out great in the end, even if there were some scary parts!