Monday, May 14, 2012

Beach South of Dominical which is South of Manuel Antonio

We just stopped here for a little while on the way home from Parque Chirripo. If you drive straight west from the mountains you come to the coast. We chose this beach called Playa Hermosa, and it was aptly named as it was very pretty. There weren't many people there, but also there weren't any facilities for changing or rest rooms. Someone had written this in the sand so of course I had to take a picture.
I spent my time walking up and down picking up little smooth rocks and sea shells. I think they will someday make pretty jewelry. I hope I get t chance to collect a lot more over the time we are here.
The waves are bigger here. This is supposed to be a surfers' beach.
Waves crashing ashore.
Lots of drift wood. I picked up a few small pieces,
I think the tide was out so there were little white shells and little smooth stones to pick up.
Some boys out testing the waves.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: