Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Homemade Ant Trap

Posted by PicasaWhen we first came here, one of the senior ladies who serves in the temple told us they had a problem with tiny ants in their house, mostly the kitchen. I felt lucky because we didn't have any. Well, they had probably sprayed shortly before we moved in and we didn't have any insects in the house. But now we do. I read on the internet to use a sugar syrup laced with boric acid to kill ants. But I couldn't find boric acid in my translator nor in the dictionary so didn't know what to ask for. The lady on the internet said they had found it at Rite Aid pharmacy. So I decided to try Becky's recipe for the fruit flies since I had all the ingredients. The trap on the internet used a base of cotton soaked with the liquid so that is what I decided to try. I made up the solution and poured it into this lid with cotton from a vitamin pill bottle. I made a couple of them as there were ants in a couple of places. It doesn't seem to have killed them all but has done in a lot of them. They are really miniscule in size so you can't see them well, but there are a lot of dead ants in there. I will leave it there and hope that a lot more ants die!

No comments: