Monday, May 14, 2012

New Trecking Poles

I think I had told you that we found real trecking poles on the internet and thought about ordering them for me as I am not so sure footed as I used to be. But having them sent here to Costa Rica tripled the price so I said I could continue with the "found"sticks I had been using. But Laurie had his friend Franscisco order them with his code for ordering things for the church and that reduced the postage and the import tax, so he surprised me with real trecking poles. I used one of these for the hike through the Secret Garden. I will probably generally use just one of these at a time.
These are the ones I had been using. I know they don't match. But I hadn't been using them 2 at a time. The piece of bamboo I just picked up off the beach at Manuel Antonio and had used it several times. The other is like the one I used in Arenal for our hike around the volcano. It was muddy and slippery and I know I wouldn't have made it in one piece without the stick as a third leg. You should notice the clean garage floor. Laurie scrubbed it all down after the birds left. The little bird with the injured leg finally fluttered out of the garage and we wish him well. The other one died in the nest as it was there when Laurie removed the nest. We don't know how it died. We need to put something on top of the garage door opener before the next nesting season.
Oh and I got a new hat for sunny days. I usually just wear my red cap though. It hasn't been too sunny since I got the wider brimmed hat.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: