Monday, June 4, 2012

Rural Sights in Guanacaste

Lots of trees with pretty dark orange blossoms.
Clothes hanging on the fence to dry. Notice how green everything is. That is because of all the rain. I wonder when the clothes have a chance to dry out?
Brahma cattle.
Cattle man who wanted to show off. The handlers are called Brahmaneros or Savaneros.
This type of cattle must thrive in this country because there are a lot of them.
Horses at the corral at the hotel where we stayed. Some of the guests were going on horseback adventures.
Another interesting looking cow.
An old ruined house.
More cattle with horns. I guess they don't dehorn here because a lot of the cattle have very large horns.
A small cow with big ears!
A boy driving his herd down the road in front of us. They eventually moved over and let us pass.
Another tree with pretty bright orange blossoms. I think these are a different type of tree than the ones I posted about when we first got here. It seems that in each season, there are different trees in blossom.
More cows! You probably wonder why I am so fascinated by the cows! I guess I wonder too, but they interest me so I take their pictures.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: