Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Market in Belen

Almost every Friday we shop for fresh fruits and vegetables at the local Friday Market.
We have a couple of nighbors, Temple missionaries, who don't have cars so they usually go with us.
Everything we have tried is delicious. We especially like the carrots, and I buy a lot of onions too.
I have found a few tiny green worms in the cauliflower, but am sure to remove them and keep going back for more. We have eaten a lot of cauliflower since we have been here, and some broccoli too.
You know me and beets, I like them. And the bagged oranges that look a little different, our neighbors say they juice them and drink a lot of it. The tomatoes are beautiful too.
We got a few of the purple things in front today. They are the only kind of yam they seem to have here. The flesh it a very light yellow. The yuccas above on the left we tried when the Bagleys and Austin were here and weren't big fans as they are quite dry. We always buy some bananas.
Laurie loves these watermelon, and the mangos.
The pineapples and cantaloupes are great.
Today I got some tomatoes, peppers and green beans. Laurie likes the cabbage too, and the lettuce is good.
These eggplants look beautiful!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angela said...

Mom, you guys are living the high life with all that fresh produce!

amyegodfrey said...

Pam, I have not looked in on your posts for a long time and I'm so glad I remembered to do so! These are beautiful shots. I'm sure this country is more lush than where you lived in the Canaries, for the most part.
I'm here with Steve and Emily's kids while they are in Chicago. I love every opportunity to be with them. I know you miss your family. Thank goodness they are coming to visit you every now and then.