Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Mola Shirt I Bought in Sarchi

I think I mentioned that when we went to Sarchi, I bought a mola shirt. It says on the shirt that it was made in Costa Rica, but I know that molas are traditionally made in the San Blas Islands, off the coast of Panama, where Laurie spent a lot of time on his mission as a young man, so maybe it was referring just to the t-shirt part. I liked this particular shirt because the mola was made into a yoke and so the shirt looks more dressy. The others were a square on the front of the shirt. And I like the toucan design.

Posted by PicasaWhile I had the sewing machine last week, I made a tiered skirt to wear with it. You may remember that years ago I had a mola jacket, the mola making the back yoke. I used to wear it a lot in Phoenix. Even though I haven't worn it for quite some time, it is still in some closet at home. I like molas partly because I appreciate all the work that goes into making one, and of course because they are colorful and pretty.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Pretty outfit Mom!