Monday, September 17, 2007

Hot, Hot Heat


So Brian and I have a little garden in our back yard with tomatoes, peppers, squash and cucumbers. At the moment the only thing really producing any produce is the serrano pepper bush. And boy is it producing. Does anyone have any good recipes using serrano's? I've already made salsa, but I used all the ripe tomatoes on that, and only two serrano's (don't worry, it was nice and hot), so I need some more suggestions. Thanks folks!
P.S. If anyone want's any serrano's let me know, we've got pleanty!

7 comments:

Angela said...

I did find this, which I thought sounded good and not too complicated, if anyone's interested (and I can provide you with the serrano's if you want to try it!)
http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001419chicken_peanut_curry.php

Richard said...

I can't remember how, but Google has some feature where you input what ingredients you have and it returns what you can make (recipes).

Becky said...

How fun! I love gardens. Maybe you could make some hot chimmi churri sauce! Its like cilantro meets pesto and tastes great with everything mexican or south american.

Angela said...

Rich, do you think if I googled that google feature I could find it?

Richard said...

I tried and it worked: Google "Google recipes" and the first link will be what I was talking about.

Nancy said...

Angela, sorry no experience with serrano peppers, but sounds yummy. When I move to Utah I will have a garden, and I will grow Serranos, and I will learn to use them, and I'll let you know how it goes.

pam said...

They sure look pretty, even if you can't come up with something to make with them.