Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Food memories


There are certain foods that carry vivid memories for me. I think the strongest of which is a fresh raspberry. No matter how many times I eat raspberries, the first bite transports me back to our summers in Raymond, and the raspberry bushes in Grandpa's backyard. I think if I ever live in the right climate, I will plant myself some raspberry bushes. It's nice to be transported to Grandpa's backyard every now and then, I recommend you take advantage of the season and have yourself a memory.

4 comments:

austinmcraig said...

%100 agreed.

Angela said...

Same here. Raspberries are my favorite food for that very reason.

Becky said...

Taste must imprint memories. I have never eaten a Raspberry without thinking of my Grandpa. I have every intention of growing fresh raspberries at some point in my life. It is especially important to do so once I have grandchildren!

pam said...

I went to lunch today with Angela, Austin, Steve, and Laurie and I had a salad with fresh berries, including raspberries. Then on the way home we stopped at a fruit and veg. stand and I bought a little basket of fresh raspberries. I guess that will be as close to Raymond as I will get this summer.