Friday, August 17, 2007

Tag, You're It!






Okay, so this is a stretch to make these pics go with this entry, but I'm sure I can make it work! I realized Courtney tagged me on her blog with a few questions. Figure I can answer them here, but it needed some visuals, right?

Here's the questions/responses:

1. What is my favorite era of life? Now if you know me well, then you know I have a very hard time picking favorites! I just like everything. But I"ve narrowed this down to a list of 4 times. a. preschool. Shadow Rock really did rock! It was a time for feeling so alive and carefree and I devoured everything I was learning. I can remember running on the preschool playground, feeling like I could fly and laughing so easily. Yes, very carefree. b. Freshman year of college. This time was analogous to preschool in that I again felt very alive and carefree and laughed easily. Also devoured everything I was learning. c. Summer Internship in Virginia. That was just the awesomest summer of our lives. Cross country road trips, Virginia historical advantures, and the kids were manageable again (preschoolers) and d. Now We are having a lot of fun with all the kids here.

2. If you could change one choice you made in life, what would it be. I don't know if this was actually a choice, but I think it partly was. If I could avoid having the depths of post pardom depression after the girls/and Jake I would not make that "choice" again. But as with all things, I sure learned a lot from it. Like I don't want to learn my lessons that way ever again!

3. Who is the first person you talk to in the morning? Rich if he slept in. Jacob if he didn't.

4. What is my DVR set to record? Divine Design, Designer's Challenge, Landscapers Challenge and Planet Earth. Do you see any patterns there? I love those shows! My favorite is landscapers challenge. Its so inspiring to transform your out door surroundings from bland and blah to gorgeous and functional! It has not been recording lately. I miss it greatlyand have exercised less because there's no new episodes to watch when I run (hence no running!)

5. What is your favorite day of the year? Again with the favorites! I like to take my cues from George (Durrant, not Bush) and say "Today is the best day of my life, so far" I like that attitude. He said that at the beginning of each class period. But if I were hard pressed to pick one day, I'd have to go with Thanksgiving. There's less pressure than Christmas and its just all about family, my favorite thing in the world.

The pics are of Thanksgiving, preschoolers, and life after Sophie. Isn't that last one of the grandkids in their pj's fun? I think when I am an old lady (like in my 90's) and somebody tags me with that question, I will definitely say that seeing my own grandkids in their matching pjs was one of my life's highlights.

Here are 4 questions for you:
1. What is your favorite book?
2.If you could "rebuild your skills" in life where would you change your focus?
3.What's your favorite day of the year??
4. How about the best day of your life?
Happy Reflecting!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Becky said...

Emily, I instantly realized that the title Your is supposed to be You're. No edit button! Ugh. My apologies.

Angela said...

Becky, you should have an edit button. All you have to do is log in, and then the screen after you log in has the blog title in a box, and in the bottom right corner it says manage * "posts" in blue, you click on that and it will pull up all the posts, and the ones you made will have an edit button to the left of them.

pam said...

I have been tagged by people before too, but I just ignore them. I am glad you didn't and that you posted your answers on the blog, because I enjoyed reading your answers. I too realized along about the time you were young teenagers, that my favorite holiday was Thanksgiving too, for pretty similar reasons to yours. I would make pies and rolls the day before and then just get up Thanksgiving morning and start cooking and when the meal was ready we would eat, no particular time, no pressure, no presents, etc. just time to enjoy being together and giving thanks.

pam said...

To answer the question about refocusing one's efforts and developing different or new skills. I wish I had put more effort into the things I just dabbled in. For instance, at this point in my life I wish I could do things better like paint a beautiful picture, play all the pieces on the piano that I used to play years ago, and more, speak Spanish fluently and a couple of other langueages. All these and dieting just get a lot harder as you get older. So take it from an old lady, put a lot of effort into developing your talents when you are still young enough to make a difference!

pam said...

Steve posted one of my favorite Thanksgiving pictures on Sat. May 12. This is the one when I realized that Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday. But things change. I love the picture of the grandchildren in their pajamas.

Nancy said...

Mom, I think you should look into taking an art class at BYU. If I was there I'd take it with you, maybe you could talk Angela into doing it with you. Or better, Ange, you sign Mom and you up! Becky, I loved your tag responses! I wrote a tag post and never posted it, I don't know why, maybe I'll post it on the fam. blog.