Thursday, July 5, 2007

Text + Pics = Blog

Granted, this shows how incredibly inexperienced I am in the world of blogging, but I have yet to figure out how to post pictures and text at the same time and in a timely manner. So these posts are the journals to go with the pics. Bear with me.

June Retrospective:

1. Got to hang out with Sting and 18,000 other incredibly happy, screaming fans. I don't think anybody there could have been happier than me! It was a great concert experience for a girl who has loved The Police for the past 20 years.
2. We set up last years swimming pool. It still works and everybody loves it. The swimming pool is a mothers best friend in the summer time. Soooo much fun and oh so relaxing.
3. Babysitting Norah. How fun to have "twin cousins" again! It allows me to reminisce on when I really did have twin baby girls.
4. I've been canning home grown Romas. This is a most satisfying and rewarding activity.

I had several more photos of June to share with you. However, that would require me to have more blogger skills than I currently have. Yes, yes, you all say it is so very easy, but for me more like so very frustrating. I will learn in time. Tutorial anyone?

Fabulous Fourth!:

After hearing the forcasted high for July 4th was to be 117 degrees (is that even allowed? doesn't that break some sort of rule?) the family and I decided to head up to the mountains to enjoy cooler temperatures. We drove down to fossil springs (a ridiculously bumpy 7 mile drive down unpaved roads that should really only be done in a SUV) and found a fantastic, pristine swimming hole with clear blue waters and moderate temperatures (we figure if the roads were paved, the swimming hole would be crowded). The kids enjoyed swimming with the fish and I enjoyed taking their pictures.

We had a wonderful lunch of deli meat sandwiches on Kara's incredibly delectable homemade wheat bread and I made "the best fourth of July dessert ever" (or so Kara designated it). Really, it was delicious: two short bread biscuits sandwiching a layer of cream and mixed berries. So festive and oh so yummy! Thank you Martha.

That night we headed into Payson to check out their Fourth Festivities and Fireworks. They really know how to put on a great show! 45 minutes of great fireworks. We ran into our neighbors from Mesa and sat by them so the kids could play with their friends while we waited for the show. The weather up their was just perfect and the grass felt so soft and inviting. It was really a great day! If you can't spend the fourth in Utah, Payson is the next best thing (and much less driving).

3 comments:

austinmcraig said...

What if you spend the 4th of July in Payson, Utah? A la "Patio of Fire".

Becky said...

Yes, Patio of Fire is untouchable in terms of coolness (both weather, and cache)

Nancy said...

Sounds like a fun 4th, we opted to spend it in the 117 degrees, mostly because we had no other option, we should have driven up to Payson for the day, but didn't think of that. Looks like you figured out the whole picture thing. Blogs with photos are 10 times better!