Monday, July 23, 2007

Celebrity "Go" sighting











I just got back from my first business trip to LA. I met and signed on with a major sales rep. They do all the big shows. LA, Atlanta, SF, NY. I am really excited about this relationship. Hopefully now I won't have to deal with sales and can focus on my brand and new products. They have the best show room. They are the perfect fit. They have a very clean, modern, studio. I was drawn to them when I heard they carry blabla. They have been with them since the begining and have gotten them where they are today. Like Barney's NY, Neiman Marcus, Giggle, and just about every kids boutique in the US. And, while I was meeting with them they got a call from Pottery Barn, one of their accounts. Not that I think Pottery Barn will carry the sling, but Becky and I were talking about PB and how they don't make all their products. Well, turns out they get some of their products through my sales rep.
I stayed with Liz Rutter. She has a beautiful home in Riverside and was a gracious host. The menu while I was there for you inquiring Craig minds: A large bowl of berries with granola and yogurt for breakfast. Fresh guacamole and pita chips as a snack. And these very good chicken and vegie kaboba. She marinated the chicken in "Jamaica Mistake" (you can find it at your local G. store) It was all very fabulous. Thanks Liz!
I also met up with Brian Petersen. We now have our first official celebrity wearing the sling. Of course Brian just happened to have a prop of some kid. He was kind enough to show us what not to do while wearing the sling. We also went to brunch at a very southern place: "Rosco's Chicken and Waffles" And that 's exactly what we both got. A battered and fried chkn breast and a most delicious waffle. Very good and very fun. I think my favorite was the sunrise drink which was fresh lemonade with fresh orange juice. There is just no substitue for real juice. This drink was amazing. You citrus tree owners must try this with your fresh juice.
Now that I have the sales rep, my job is going to be to inform the magazines and blogs about PUJ. If you have a magazine you think I need to write let me know.
Nancy, I'm sure you'll have a good list for me.

9 comments:

Richard said...

Congrats on the budding success of the sling. I hope it is a blockbuster.

That is crazy that you went to "Rosco's Chicken and Waffles". That place is famous. One of Rosco's relatives open a similar place in Phoenix call "Lo Lo's Chicken and Waffles". My co-worker took me there a few months ago, and although a strange combination of food, it was good.

Courtney said...

Congrats Katie. I'm no DesignMom but I've been planning to do a post about my friends with fun businesses and I'll be sure to include the Go Sling (loved the video too).

Fun to see pics of Brian. What's he up to these days?

pam said...

Glad you enjoyed yout trade show. Did Ben go or were you by yourself? Did Marilyn look after the kids. Hope all works out well with the new rep. What did you do with the woman who was repping for you but with whom you had no contract?

Nancy said...

sounds fun. I want to see more pics, did you take some at the trade show?

Unknown said...

Courtney, Brian just finished filming a movie on border crossing called "Coyote" He's also dating a make-up artist/Al Pachino's nanny/aspiring actress. She has a minor role in Oceans 13 (she's the waitress in the begining that gets fired)
Mom, Ben stayed home and played Mom. He had fun with the boys and they had a fun outdoor adventure up the Gorge. I'm still trying to get a hold of the other rep. I never gave her the go but I just want to make sure we're clear on her non-role with the company. But as always she hasn't returned my calls.
nancy, sorry but those are the only pictures I have. They won't let you take pictures at the trade shows. Just picture a modern, sleek, clean, clutter-free room. With a wall full of BlaBla, fun candles, cool vintage art, chic bedding, and some Hipster music. And of course a table with my slings on display as well as a picture of me wearing Truman, the story of the sling, etc.

Angela said...

I couldn't stop laughing at the one with the oven. Glad the show went well.

Becky said...

Go Katie's Go Sling! You rock.

austinmcraig said...

The guy who invested in ISM, he's worth millions, and his wife has a popular website or blog or magazine about kids clothes. I'll find out more about it for you.

austinmcraig said...

P.S. I know I only really met Brian that one time, but I honestly feel like he and I are old friends. I know that's weird, but so be it. Glad he is doing well.