Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Patio of Fire, 2007

I thought maybe I could get Brian to write this post, but it looks like that's not going to happen. He's not a fan of the word "blog", and so is not interested in anything associated with it. Oh well. We still love him. Mostly because he's our link to the Patio of Fire!






Patio of Fire, 2007 went off smashingly. First there was the fly over with a plane that looks something like this (sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the actual fly-over)








Next up were the Patio of Fire Dancers. Mom had me take a picture, because she said it reminded her of Stars.





The opening act this year was "Merrel Haggard" (aka, my father-in-law, Bruce, singing Merrel Haggard songs), singing "Oakie from Muskogie". I don't know how many of you know this song (I'd never heard it until now), but the opening lines are "We don't smoke marajuana in Muskogie, we don't take our trips on LSD". Woah. Here's a shot of Merrel (with Brian in the back playing the guitar).








Up next was the headlining band....Meelz on Wheelz! They did a great job! Inbetween songs there were give aways of t-shirts, hot dogs, and gift baskets, and they launched t-shirts out of the cannon. Here's some action shots of the band.








My friend, Karla, and her husband, Jeff, came down for the festivities, and they both won a t-shirt!

At the end of the show, was the 20 minute, totally legal, Fireworks Show. This year it was expanded and they were set up on both sides of the stage, featuring songs from the seminary D&C soundtrack, High School Musical, and some rap music (when it started, Mom turned to me and said, "So is this rap music?).

A fun time was had by all. We wish you all could have been there, but hopefully you can come for Patio of Fire, 2008!

4 comments:

austinmcraig said...

This should be on here. Somewhere.
http://myspace.com/patiooffire

Amanda+Jonathan said...

Oh what fun. I love the picture of Karla and Jeff. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year.

Nancy said...

I am truly sad to have missed the festivities. Maybe the husband not liking the word blog is a Utah thing, mine couldn't be less interested either! Oh well, then we can just talk about them and they will never know! Looks like fun, sad to have not been there.

karla said...

I'm so glad we came - Patio of Fire was awesome! I just hope there will be more rap music next year. :)