Saturday, July 14, 2007

All the Buzz

I just found this the other day. I was looking at a film teachers blog where he mentioned a ringtone that only young ears can hear. A bit like the high pitched dog deterrent Dad got one year for his birthday or fathers' day. I guess NPR did a story on it.

Can you hear it?

I'll bet your kids can.

I played it at work. I could hear it. The 19 year old receptionist could hear it. But my 27 year old manager, the 29 year old sales rep, and even a 26 year old sales associate all couldn't hear it AT ALL. Not even a little bit. Wow. That is fascinating.

Honest, get your kids around and try this out. They'll be able to hear it from the next room, you might not be able to hear it even if you put your ear up to the speaker.

5 comments:

Richard said...

I remember hearing the story on NPR. Kids were using it as their ring tone so that their teachers couldn't tell that they were receiving calls in class. Crazy!

Emily said...

Well. Steve can hear it. I can not.

Those two days of seniority finally mean something!

Nancy said...

I went and heard nothing, Dallas was in the room and also heard nothing, but I'm not 100% sure that I did it right.

Anonymous said...

I could hear the "buzz" quite clearly.

Anonymous said...

I could hear it all right but, not from the next room.