Monday, April 23, 2012

Scrambled Eggs?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaOne rainy afternoon I was sitting on the couch with the door opened enjoying the cooler weather and I heard a bird that sounded really loud and close.  So I went out and looked at the tree across from our yard and on the wires above the street but couldn't see the particular bird I imagined that was making the sound,  Then to my amazement we discovered that this bird had built a nest on top of our garage door opener!  She would sit there calm as a summer's morn' even when the garage door was opening.  The sound and the vibration didn't seem to bother her a bit.  Then one day she disappeared for several hours.  Laurie said there were a bunch of feathers out there and we wondered if she got her feathers caught in the chain.  But lo and behold, she not only returned but brought her mate with her. So now there is always at least one of them But I don't think they are going to be frightened away until their job is done.  I have no idea how long it will take for their eggs to hatch.  I hope they just don't get too scrambled from the vibration of the door opener.  I'll let you know as things progress. 

2 comments:

Angela said...

That's a fun little temporary pet!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully temporary! I hope they don't think they are moving in permanently.