Thursday, June 7, 2007

Holes in your Pants on Dallas' birthday





We had a fun family party last night for Dallas' big 5. He's really much older now, because five-year-olds can do so much more than four-year-olds. It's so funny how much that age means to you when you are little. I wonder what 30 year olds can do that 29 year olds can't. I need something to look forward to with this aging process. Anyway I wanted Mom to make Indian Fried bread because I loved it when she would make it for us as kids (Mom: "I never made Indian Fried bread when you were a kid." Me: "Yes you did!") Who can back me up on that one? Becky said she remembers. Anyway she made it, and it was yummy. She also did some fancy "holes in your pants" fried bread. She said that's the way Mrs. Magoosh made it when she was a kid, and that's what she called it. Maybe one of us should write a series of children's books with little Pammie and Mrs. Magoosh, anyone up for it?

4 comments:

Emily said...

I won't show Aaron the cool cake. It will make him very sad that he wasn't there.

Angela said...

sorry nancy, i don't remember mom making indian fry bread, but now i want some...with holes in my pants. and i think the pammie and mrs. magoosh stories sound like a great idea. do we have any english majors in the family? in the mean time, you should have pammie post the recipe!

Nancy said...

Ang, it's really just fried bread dough, and for the holes in your pants she just dipped them in cinnamon sugar while they were still hot.

austinmcraig said...

I'm taking notes for my birthday party, that looks like real fun.