Monday, April 14, 2008

No more Truman


So Mr. T turns the BIG 2.0 in less than one month. At his 18 month Dr. appointment when asked what words he says I thought about it and responded, "He pretty much says it all." When asked if that meant at least 12 words I said it was well beyond that! It's true, Truman likes to talk. Mostly about basketball, football, helmets and jumping. He is quite the character and it's hardly ever silent if he's around. His favorite is to say mommy, mommy, mommy, over and over and when I finally respond with "Truman?" he says "What?" In a very bear like masculine tone.
Anyway, this is all leading up to my next story when Walker said to me the other day, "Mom, I think we don't need Truman any more!" I responded with such shock because I know how much Walker loves playing with his brother and he even gets sad when Truman goes down for a nap. When I asked him why he thinks we should get rid of Truman he said, "Well, he just talks so much and asks me so many questions and I just don't feel like talking all the time." In my head I'm thinking, "I hear you son." But of course I remind him how much he likes playing with his brother and how lonely he would be without him. To this he gets a BIG grin and says, "But what about the baby, I can play with him!" I have to admit I was proud he had thought it through. But we love Truman too much to get rid of him so we're going to keep him around.

In other news, we're having a baby....and it's a BOY!!! I am 4 months along and feeling great!

Recently we had a very special visitor. My good friend and college roommate, Brittany Bowen came to visit. It was so fun to visit with her and her fantastic husband Dan over a nice BBQ chicken salad. They are expecting a baby girl a couple months before us.
I can't believe my baby boy is turning 4 next week. He is a thoughtful boy and such a blessing to our family. (I promise he really does love his brother) I am especially loving that he likes working around the house these days. He dusts, mops, vacuums the house and car, washes windows and always remembers to take his empty dishes to the sink (I still don't have that one down)! Just the other day he noticed a sticky spot in the kitchen and said, "I'd better mop this up!" And all on his own he got the mop and a bottle of cleaner and had that floor shiny in no time...Thanks Walker!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations, Katie! There are many great things about having three boys, despite what Steve told you on the phone. What a gorgeous picture of Truman. We didn't recognize him! I've always had a special place in my heart for that kid, so when you get rid of him, send him on down to stay with us, okay?

Becky said...

We volunteer to take Truman, too! And might I also add that you make really cute kids, inside and out, so we're really excited to meet Mr. Three. And BTW your pics are all back lit to perfection.
BIG congratulations!!!!

pam said...

Congratulations! to you and your whole family. The pictures are great. I guess some of us don't always remember to take our dishes to the sink and clean up after ourselves and others because we didn't all have Ben as our trainers! Good luck with everything.

Nancy said...

Uh hmm.. I get Truman, doesn't anyone remember how much he liked me at the reunion in Heber? I kept thinking I could just take him home and he'd be my baby, so if anyone gets him it's me, and besides I know all about boys who ask a lot of questions and speak in sentences before their peers! Anyway we are so excited for boy #3! I love that Walker is sick of Truman's questions and that he likes to clean so he can come my way too if you need a break when the new one comes! We love you.

Angela said...

Loved the story Kate. You sure do make a cute pregnant lady. You also make cute kids. Look forward to seeing all of you in the Mother Country this summer!

MarySue said...

Happy, loving greetings and congratulations to this whole, growing family that I just think the world of. And...do you all notice that little photo by emily's name...yes, my family room and my precious kids too. Fun.

austinmcraig said...

Congratulations Katie! Your kids are priceless, and your pictures of them really are perfect. What are you shooting with? You'll have to teach me, I've decided I want to get into photography.