Thursday, January 3, 2008

Family,Let's Re-Unite!

Since it is officially 08, we'd better start planning the Craig Family Reunion. It's an official "on" year. I have been dreaming and schemeing this afternoon. Here are some ideas. Mostly, this is just dreamin' but I do want to get your creative reunion juices flowing. Let's share some ideas and think big time family fun. I'm posting some Ideas. Please Post some of your own as well. Let's get a vacation debate going!

# 1 YellowStone
Pro's: close enough, inexpensive, beautiful, lots to see and lots for kids to do (just running around in the open wilderness is great for kids)
Con's: not exactly luxurious accommodations and I'm already going there this summer with the Bagley's reunion


# 2 Waterton
Pro's: awesome memories, awesome scenery, awesome legacy to pass down and familiarity
Con's: Canadian border issue and where would we stay? Prices? the us dollar?

# 3 Ventura California
Pro's: Beaches and shopping (for a "Nancy Style" vacation), my possible connection to a great place on the beach (virtually a private beach at that)
Con's: Possibly no connection at all


#4 Disney Cruise
Pro's: lap of luxury, awesome food & entertainment, built in child care activities
Con's: pretty penny, you're stuck on a boat



Here's to Dream Vacations! Let's plan a great family reunion. I look forward to you sharing your own ideas.

12 comments:

Angela said...

If we're gonna talk crazy, I'd rather go on a disney adventure than a disney cruise
http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/index?name=HomePage
If we're voting on the ideas mentioned in the post, I say waterton, and I do work closely with the BYU travel office so I could help with boarder/passport stuff.

Becky said...

Awesome!! I'm all for moving in the waterton route. Or the Real Disneyland in Southern Cal is not a problem with me either! Let's hear more discussion

Anonymous said...

I'm in for Yellow Stone or Disney cruise!

pam said...

All the ideas sound great to me. I could go for any of them. Remember that I couldn't offer anyone a place to stay in Canada any more, so each would have to make their own accommodations arrangements. I cashed a Canadian check the other day and the American dollar was worth more than the Canadian, so I guess that fluctuates. I do have passports ready!

Nancy said...

passport issue would make me count out Canada, I'm all for California.

Becky said...

I heard that Canada is in the works on passing a bill posponing the passport need until 2009. . . if so, this could be our last chance! Ang, could you email anybody in the know at the travel office and find out if this is the case? If its the last chance, let's jump on it!

Also, does anybody have any Mexico connections. . .Emily??

Angela said...

Good news! You don't need a passport if you drive across the boarder, only if you fly. If you drive, people over 19 need a gov id (driver's license) and birth certificate or other proof of citizenship (so mom would need her naturalization certificiate). People under 19 you need birth certificates.

Angela said...

I've been searching, but haven't found any cabins for rent in waterton, but this site has info on all the hotels if anyone's interested
http://www.watertonchamber.com/lodge.html

Becky said...

Hoorah! I'm going to Waterton!! Seriously, let's plan it.

austinmcraig said...

Waterton sounds great. I'm for anyplace that lets me chill, read, sleep in a bit, and eat good food.
I have a passport, too, so any ol' where is good with me.

Emily said...

We would be thrilled to go to Waterton with the family. Should we set a date? Anytime in July would be great for us!

pam said...

Aus, better check the date on your passport and be sure it hasn't expired. Also I do have an American passport.