Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Outings with Little D




Last week I had the opportunity to go on Safari with Dallas' Kindergarten. Safari in Arizona? Yes, just head to your local Cabelas, a.k.a. Lisa Simpson's nightmare. Who would have thought that a sporting goods store would constitute a field trip? I wouldn't have, but that is probably because I'd never been to Cabelas. Every where you looked there were stuffed dead animals, kind of cool, I really don't think that the kids understood that these were once live animals, but all the same they had fun. I decided I don't need to go for mother of the year and attend all the field trips though, one day with 150 kindergartners was enough to last me for a while, all the same we did have fun. It really is kind of hard for me though that Dallas is suddenly too cool to hold my hand in front of his friends. It was bound to happen, I just didn't expect it so soon.


And who would have guessed that I would ever be a soccer mom? I am surprised just how much I enjoy attending sporting events when my child is playing. Never have I ever payed so much attention to the actual game. It's so intense to see your little boy chasing after a ball, just hoping he'll get a small kick in without getting hurt. And when he did get hurt, I was so proud of him that he could shake it off and get right back in the game. He wasn't scoring any goals his first game, but that will come later. For now we were just happy to see him trying his best, and cheering him on, Go Dallas!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Cabella's is a pretty cool place I guess. Did you get Dallas a "hunter Dan" action figure? My nephew has one. It's like GI Joe, only he's a hunter. In-laws...

pam said...

Way to go, Dallas and Mom!