Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pumpkin Painting

















Well Becky, we harvested some of our pumpkins and painted them for FHE the other night. I even talked Ben into painting one! You see, we have to paint them because if you carve a pumpkin in the North West too early on, it will be moldy by the time Halloween rolls around. I learned this one the hard way. But my dear Mother-in-law was sweet enought to point out to me that my pumpkin was spewing mold out of his mouth. It was quite a dramatic effect and little something extra special I might add. Anyway, so that's why we painted our pumpkins and didn't carve them. We all had a good time.


There are also some pictures of the boys on the "beach" I had to go to Super Saturday (RS) most of the day so the went and threw rocks in the river. Sounded like they had fun.


We are going to AZ for thanksgiving!!!! We arrive Thanksgiving Day (way cheaper tickets) and

leave the following wednesday night. I realize several of you are leaving sat/sun. so we'll just make sure to get in our fun while you're around.

8 comments:

pam said...

Everybody looks very intent on their painting. Truman even looks like he likes the taste of the paint. Glad they enjoyed the beach. Loved your display.

Angela said...

The pumpkins look good. And I'm very excited you decided to come to AZ for Thanksgiving. We look forward to seeing you!

Angela said...

p.s. I think Walker looks a lot like Austin in that last picture.

brittany said...

Katie, I love your display for Puj. Where was that? What fun fhe. We miss you guys. We will be there in two weeks for a week so we should get walker and lily together!

Nancy said...

cute pumpkins, looks like fun, love the puj display

austinmcraig said...

Fun, Look forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving.

Becky said...

Yhea!!! Katie and company get to come hang out with us! Love the pumpkins. Did you use stickers for a stencil? The mold problem is even worse in AZ :)

Becky said...

Katie, we are thinking of staying in AZ longer and will probably be around when you're still here :)