Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Another Uninvited Pet

Sunday evening I was a bit startled to find a little gecko hanging around close to the ceiling in our bedroom. The main problem was that he was right over my side of the bed!
But we were still in the living room and had several hours before bed time so I wasn't too worried. And Laurie said to leave him alone to do his thing as he would eat the mosquitoes. We have had a few mosquitoes in the house. They don't usually bother me I think because I take a lot of B vitamins and curcuma so they don't like me. But they bite Laurie. We have gotten a bug zapper and are more careful to keep the doors closed. Laurie even taped some of the window screens where there were gaps.
But he stayed there for a long time. Each time I went back into the bedroom, I expected he would be gone, but he just moved back and forth and sometimes would be on the ceiling. I was relieved when he went over to Laurie's side of the bed.
He appears to have very large eyes for the size of the rest of him and he moved really fast when he decided to move. He was really quite small even though he appears larger in the pictures. I guess I shouldn't worry about him. I actually hope he found lots of bugs to eat.
He didn't seem to mind my taking pictures of him. But the last time I went in there and thought I would take another picture, he just suddenly disappeared. I was pretty suspicious of that sudden move and started moving pillows on the bed. Sure enough he had dropped to the bed right on my side. But quickly he scurried across to Laurie's side and disappeared down behind the bed. Hope he will stay there and eat bugs.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angela said...

glad you have some built in pest control!