Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hidden Treasure

So I am cleaning out a closet full of old college papers.  And I am thinking, "man, I hate de-junking."  Some people like it and they feel good.  Not me--it hurts.  (In fact, I stopped mid-closet to vent on my blog, here).  And immediately after I left the computer back to the closet to resume digging, sorting, deciding and de-junking I came across this:



I was about to toss a stack of completely unrelated old college pamphlets from the late 1990's and turned it over as it was going into the can.  This was on the bottom.  It is dated Sunday, September 8th, 1963.


(Don't worry; I put it in the save pile!)

I don't know why but I started balling when I saw it. 
I think this guy turned out to be a pretty decent missionary, wouldn't you say?
Have any of you seen this before and does dad have a copy on display?  He should keep on his his office at the MTC.

3 comments:

pam said...

Turned out to be a pretty good missionary and was kind of cute too,right!

Nancy said...

Such a great picture, I would have loved to attend that. Maybe someday we can watch the video. I also cleaned things out today but didn't find anything that good. Are you getting ready to move too?

Unknown said...

nice article
its wonderful to read it
i like it
==============
non voice projects