Monday, June 8, 2009

Farmers, Forest Grove, Fathers & Sons + Fine Crafts


Walkers Preschool visited a local farm for their field-trip. It's called Bizi Farms. The farmers name is Bill and he takes us on a hayride around the farm to see the strawberries, raspberries, marionberries, blackberries, logan berries, tomatoes, rubarb, chickens, bees, geese, rabbits, goats, donkeys....you get the idea. It was really fun and we all got to tag along.
This is a leather purse I made myself recently. I know the pictures aren't great but you get the idea. I used a magnet for the closure and I encased it (the magnet) in leather and then glued it to the purse so there would be no stitch marks on the outside. It makes a good "thump" and not a "click" I'm not a fan of the "click"
Ben + I rode our bikes to Forest Grove on Memorial Day. It's about a 60 mile ride and Ben's brother Travis came along. We started at our house and rode through downtown Portland, over the west hills and into farm country. Very pretty and yes Nancy, we wore our helmets. You can watch a quick video below.




We took a little trip to the beach with Marilyn and my sister-in-law Celeste. It was a perfect NorthWest beach day with slight cloud cover. Sterling couldn't get enough of the sand!
The boys got to enjoy Fathers + Sons last weekend. You can be assured it was full of adventures and good times. I heard Truman had quite a few "yucks" at the silly skits the first night. I love a child that is easily amused.



Nancy, I should have shown you this project when you were here. I've been needing a jewelry case. It was quite simple, no rulers or power tools just a rip saw, drill sand paper + router(okay, so I did use some power tools) And as you can see from the detail picture it's not perfect, but that's what gives it it's charm...right?


3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm loving the purse Kate, and the jewelry case, I need about 10 of those (at least). And you seem to be in endless supply of great family photos. You are all so photogenic!

pam said...

Fun Hayride! Cute kids! Love the purse! Did you really sew it on your machine? What kind of glue on the clasp? Your bike ride is about as impressive as it gets. I envy your beach day. It makes me miss the Canary Islands. Love your jewelry case and your jewelry. Miss you all.

BBB said...

Katie - Loving the purse and creative jewelry box. You are looking fantastico as always! Your boys are getting so big!!! I'm totally impressed with your biking skills. You go girl.