Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TRU MAN


He is certainly a man of great character! We are SO glad Truman is a part of this family. It's funny how much he reminds me of myself, even at three years old. He doesn't know it yet, but we're throwing him a birthday party with Timmie the miniature Stallion (appropriate!) He's one of those cute short horses. And he has some friends. A kangaroo on a leash, a big bunny rabbit + a lizard. They will all be at the party on Thursday along with Nancy, Becky, Angela + a bunch of little people. I'm super excited! Truman is my animal lover so I think he'll like this one.

Walker also had a birthday recently. My babies are growing up! He is so glad to FINALLY be 5. He even rode in his first bike race at the Alpenrose Velodrome in Portland. It is an arena for track racers with steep slopes and banked curves. But don't worry Nancy, he was just riding on the apron (the flat part) The race is called a Kiddie Kilo (4 laps) He was shaking he was so excited/nervous for the race. But he didn't let those nerves get the best of him....HE WON! First place! AND I MISSED ALL OF IT! I was washing people's windows with the YW for a camp fundraiser. At least I was able to show some girls how to work!


Here are some family pix from recently. Walker's halloween themed birthday party. Our Richardson family vacation to SunRiver Oregon. Just think bike trails, throwing rocks in the Deschutes river, morning jogs, hot tub, and "Dan in Real Life" (LOVE this movie) It was a much needed and appreciated break!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I am a clown at Walker's birthday party. One of his friends asked if I was a REAL clown and if this is what I wore when I went to work? pretty funny!

Nancy said...

Kate, love the pics, especially the one of you dressed as a Clown! What are you going to do with the animals if it rains? I just looked at a forecast and it looks like it will be rainy the whole time we are there. Can't wait to see you guys, love all the pics of the boys, they are growing up so fast.

Becky said...

Crazy Katie Clown! Love it. Your boys are looking so cute and we're so excited to see them in person soon :)

Becky said...

And BIG congrats on Walker's big bicycle win! Whoo-hoo to Walker. I'd start calling him Cycler, but I don't know if he'd get it.

Unknown said...

We don't let the rain stop us in the NorthWest. She said she would be happy to do the animals in a garage if it's raining too hard. The party is on, Rain or shine. And the weather man is frequently wrong around here. You pretty much just never know what you're going to get and it seems we get more sunshine than is forecast!

Emily said...

Happy birthday to Truman! We are thinking of him today!

pam said...

Happy Birthday Truman! I wish I could come for the party. The animals would be so much fun, and I would love to see all of you too. But have fun without us. I am glad the girls all get to come. And congratulations to Walker on winning his bicyling competition. Hope you raised a lot of money for the Y.W. Looks like you had fun with his birthday party.

Angela said...

"To FINALLY be 5" - that's so cute.