Friday, January 27, 2012

Cartago Open Market


I chose 8 photos to show in this blog and started to tell about them, but the draft only showed 4 of the pictures. So I am starting over. I don't think there will be another post showing first 4 again, but who knows? You all know that I am electronically challenged! We have had a lot of these red and green peppers. They are really good. We have a couple of little pepper plants in our from yard, but they are a little more picante. The beets and cucumbers are good too.
The carrots here are really good. We eat a lot of them. The small round green things close to the carrots are chayote squash. They are very popular here. They are just a mild summer squash.

The orange and green things are little mandarin type oranges. They were not as sweet as I was expecting. The grapes are good as well as the papaya. Their lemons don't look like ones we are used to either, they look more like limes.

Bananas on their stalks. It's hard to know at what point to buy the bananas. I got some quite green ones once and it took 3 weeks for them to ripen enough to eat. But if you get yellow ones, they get old fast.

A lot of people were buying meat and fish. We didn't get any because we weren't going straight home. But we have since gotten a cooler and take it and blue ice in the car in case we decide to go shopping.

We have eaten quite a few dried beans, in the little bags along the front, but usually get black ones as they eat a lot of them here. As I said, the papayas are good as are the pineapple.


More fruit, all good.

We didn't buy a machete, but we did buy a little knife in a sheath and used it to cut some delicious mangos and eat them. We now keep the knife in the car for just such purposes. Don't ask me why the computer decided to change the alignment from the middle like I had for all the other pictures!

1 comment:

pam said...

Apparently I did something wrong because none of the photos show. I don't know why. Maybe I will try another time.