Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fun with a Paper Sack


So it may look like I am jumping on the environmentalist bandwagon by showing you ways to use your brown paper grocery sacks, but really we were just bored and needed something fun to do. And the fact that it just happens to be "GREEN", well that is just a bonus! Walker wanted to make a nest and so with sticks, wire and a brown paper sack we made a very fine nest. But what should be do with the leftover paper sack parts that we didn't use? Why make a hat of course. It was a fun afternoon activity on a wet NorthWest afternoon. I even had a good time wearing it around. Why is it goofy hats make us laugh?

I've been following in Nancy, Pam and Angela's footsteps lately and been making some purses. Now I never really have a drawn out plan before I start the whole process. I just kind of have a picture in my head and then start the cutting. So I suppose if I would plan them out better then they would look more, well, thought out. But, as many of you know I enjoy the cutting and sewing part more than the planning.





The diaper bag is something I made planning on selling to someone who has a matching sling, but I am having second thoughts. In fact my stuff fits in it quite nicely and I'm having a hard time thinking of taking it all out. This is some of the last of my blue and orange fabric otherwise I would just make another one. Do I sell it? I already took it to church. I can't sell a used bag, right?

We've still been finding time to make it out on some adventures. These pictures were at a "Park" in Camas about 10 minutes from our house. It has a small lake and a lot of fun walking trails. We ate lunch next to the river and some pretty waterfalls.

6 comments:

pam said...

Your family looks great in the pictures. Also really loved your bags. Guess you'll have to keep the diaper bag and come up with another one for the lady who wants one to match her sling. Maybe you'll just have to put a little bit of the matching fabric so she'll think it matches.

Angela said...

Truman looks so much like you in that last picture! I agree with mom on the diaper bag, she didn't want to be too matchy-matchy anyway, I'm sure. And I like the top purse best. Glad you're all doing good.

brittany said...

katie, you are the best mom! i love love your purses. Especially the first one. Can't wait to see you guys at the Easter Egg Hunt! I hope you'll be there!

Nancy said...

very cute Kate, can't go wrong with the Amy fabric, the first two look a lot like one of her patterns, I love them. You definitely have to keep the bag if you used it!

austinmcraig said...

Katie, I'm applying for an internship in Redmond WA, and I BADLY want to get it (and think I might). I may be close enough to visit this summer! You all look great.

Becky said...

Katie! How cute are you? You make brown paper bag hats look so good! Love, love the purses and your boys look so idyllic in the fairyland that is your "back yard". You are green in many ways :)